This month, Thomas Nelson publishers released the fourth volume of their Annual Preacher’s Sourcebook edited by O.S. Hawkins, the noted author of The Joshua Code and several other books, pastor, preacher, and president of GuideStone Financial Resources. The Sourcebook aids pastors with their annual sermon planning and provides:
- Sermons, creative outlines, illustrations, and quotes
- Worship helps, including hymns, prayers, and Scripture texts
- Inspirational thoughts and preaching techniques
- Sermons for special occasions and holidays
- Disc containing all sermons and sermon starters
This year, the fourth volume contains sermons and sermon ideas from:
- Jason K. Allen, president of Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Kansas City, Missouri
- Mac Brunson, pastor First Baptist Church, Jacksonville, Florida
- Ronnie Floyd, president of the Southern Baptist Convention and pastor, Cross Church Springdale, Arkansas
- Robert Jeffress, pastor of First Baptist Church, Dallas, Texas
- Greg Laurie, pastor, Harvest Christian Fellowship, Riverside, California
- Erwin W. Lutzer, pastor, Moody Church, Chicago, Illinois
- Jamie Rasmussen, pastor, Scottsdale Bible Church, Scottsdale, Arizona
- Robert B. Sloan, Jr., president, Houston Baptist University, Houston, Texas
- Thomas White, president, Cedarville University, Cedarville, Ohio
In addition, the volume concludes with several articles addressing topics such as preaching and cultural engagement. It was my joy to contribute two chapters to this section and join the following authors:
- R. Albert Mohler, Jr., president, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, Kentucky
- O. S. Hawkins, president, GuideStone Financial Resources, Dallas, Texas
- Russell Moore, president, Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, Nashville, Tennessee / Washington, D. C.
- Phillip Bethancourt, executive vice president, Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, Nashville, Tennessee / Washington, D. C.
My two chapters are: “Our Once and Future Theologian: Carl F. H. Henry and Cultural Engagement,” and “Standing Like Steersman in a Storm: Courage to Act Like Men in a Culture That Says Otherwise.”
You can order and learn more about the Annual Preacher’s Sourcebook here.